- Clean the gaskets inside, outside, and then lubricate it.
- Place the gaskets on both side of the Adapter.
- Insert the MJ Adapter along with the gaskets into the first Fitting.
- Insert the second Fitting onto the Adapter, and align it such that the ears do not obstruct the MJ bolt holes.
- Insert bolts through the assembly then slide the spacers provided on bolts such that the wider flat side faces the nut.
- Use 1 1/8" wrench to assemble the nuts onto the bolts, and tighten them until they are within 75-90 ft-lb torque.
- Adapter provides bell connection restraint between MJ Fittings, Flange Fittings & MJ Valves.
- Asphaltic black coat.
- 350 PSI maximum pressure rating.
- Compact connection saves time and space.
- Product is supplied with MJ Adapter, 2 MJ gaskets, T-bolts, pig bolts, nuts and spacers as per size.
- Ductile Iron MJ Adapter & spacers meets ASTM A536 standards.
- High strength low alloy steel T-head bolts and pig bolts meets ANSI/AWWA C111.A21.11
- Standard MJ SBR rubber gaskets per ANSI/AWWA C111/A-21.11